Summit - February 4, 2020
Industry 4.0: A Roadmap to Adoption for the Automotive and Aerospace Sectors
Conference Commencement & Introduction
09:00 - 09:05 Chair’s Welcome and Summit Commencement
Rahul Gangal - Partner, Roland Berger
09:05 - 09:25 Changing Perspectives: Key Industry Developments in Ontario’s Manufacturing Sector
A representative, Government of Ontario (TBC)
09:25 - 09:35 Why Toronto? Investment and Support for Industry Sector Development
A representative, City of Toronto (TBC)
09:35 - 09:50 City of Mississauga Presentation
Mayor Bonnie Crombie - City of Mississauga
Advanced Technology Adoption: Defining Requirements
09:50 - 10:05 Critical Components of an OEM-Supplier Relationship
Paul Thompson - Director Digital Operations, Turbine Airfoils, GE Aviation
10:05 - 10:30 Transforming Business Models for Success in the Aerospace Manufacturing Supply Chain
10:30 - 11:00 Morning Break
11:00 - 11:40 Panel Discussion: How is the Rate of Technological Change in Transportation Manufacturing Impacting Demands on Suppliers?
- Understanding the impact of technological transformation across the entire supply chain
- Which key technologies are impacting the supply chain most profoundly?
- How is technology affecting procurement?
Roger Thomas - Senior Director Manufacturing Growth and Strategy Leader, Oracle Consulting
Matt Lowe - CEO and Co-Founder, ZeroKey
Matt Myrand - Director of Advanced Manufacturing and Supply Chain, Faurecia North America
11:40 - 12:00 Identifying Challenges and Opportunities for the Supply Chain with the Implementation of Innovative Technology
12:00 - 12:20 Workforce Development as a Strategic Growth Factor
Walter Garrison - Advanced Manufacturing Business Integrator, City of Mississauga
12:20 - 12:40 Succeeding and Growing Together - Design / Build / Supply Chain / Academia
Alex Tsoulis - Senior Manager Product Definition, MHI Aerospace Canada
12:40 - 14:00 Lunch Break
Industry 4.0: Strategies, Methods and Guidelines for the Supply Chain
14:00 - 14:20 Advanced Manufacturing in the Automotive Sector: How are Canadian Companies Driving Development?
A representative, APMA (TBC)
14:20 - 14:40 Navigating the Shift to Advanced Manufacturing
John Laughlin - CTO, NGen
14:40 - 15:20 Panel Discussion: Beyond the Hype: How are Enterprises Successfully Transitioning to Digitalization of their Processes?
- Best practice sharing from companies at various stages of digitalization/Industry 4.0 adoption
- Which technologies will be the real game-changer in the automotive supply chain?
- Utilizing Big Data and analytics to competitive advantage
- How can companies leverage IoT technologies to increase efficiencies and reduce costs?
Karima-Catherine Goundiam - CEO, Red Dot Digital
Michael Gardiner - Manufacturing Industry Solution Executive, Microsoft
Peter Adams - President & CEO, Burloak Technologies
Shalabh Bakshi - Director, Digital Enterprise - Digital Industries, Siemens Canada Limited
Ashek Mahmood - Head of IoT & Edge AI and Industry 4.0, IBM
15:20 - 15:40 The Crucial Role of LiDAR Technology in Present and Future Advanced Transportation
Alex Ouellet-Belanger - Director System Architecture, LeddarTech
15:40 - 16:00 Afternoon Break
16:00 - 16:40 Panel Discussion: Understanding and Mitigating the Risks of Cybersecurity in the Manufacturing Supply Chain
- Understanding the risks and threats that arise in a converged virtual and physical environment
- Identifying and implementing the building blocks of IIoT security
- Involving personnel to ensure security is maintained
AJ Khan - Founder & CEO, CloudGRC
Garrett Austin - Business Development Lead: Connected Services, Security and solutions, Rockwell Automation
Wendy Young, Director Operations for Technology, Data and Cyber Security, NGen
Catherine Bertheau, Cyber Solutions Business Development Lead Eastern Canada, AON
16:40 - 17:00 Cybersecurity for Increasingly Complex Manufacturing Environments
John Perea - North American Practice Leader - Director Cybersecurity Services, Thales
17:00 - 17:40 Panel Discussion: How Can Industry Prepare and Recruit the Talent of the Future?
- Why is industry-academic partnership the key to success?
- Adjusting mindsets to attract skilled labor
- How to improve diversity in the manufacturing sector
- Contemporary training models to keep pace with evolving industry requirements
- Best practice sharing for ongoing talent development
David Ali, Engineering Quality Manager, Pratt & Whitney Canada
Dr. Mihaela Vlasea - Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical and Mechatronics Engineering, University of Waterloo, and Associate Research Director, Multi-Scale Additive Manufacturing Laboratory
Andrew Petrou - Executive Director, Downsview Aerospace Innovation & Research (DAIR)
Michael Jobity, Former Process Improvement & Digital Lead, Airbus, and Engineering Physics & Management V, McMaster University
17:40 - 17:45 Chairman’s Closing Remarks and Final Audience Q&A
Rahul Gangal - Partner, Roland Berger
17:45 Conference Close